Family Learning Courses - Important Information

Due to Covid restrictions the Family Learning Service will be working differently this year. We have been busy remodelling our courses to enable us to deliver them remotely.

At present we have 3 courses on offer:

SHARE - a 3 week course of fun, hands on activities for families to share together. We will provide you with all the resources and ideas and a weekly phone call to see how things are going and give advice and guidance on making learning experiences successful.

Triple P – a 5 week course to help parents to manage their children’s behaviour effectively using positive parenting strategies. You will be given a resource book and weekly telephone calls or Zoom sessions, to talk through the activities and offer support.

Connect 5 – a 5 week course to support families to manage stress, solve problems, build confidence and improve their emotional health and wellbeing. You will be provided with all the handouts for the course. These sessions can be delivered 1-1 via telephone or as a small group via Zoom or WhatsApp video.

Also new for this year we are aiming to reach as many families as possible with our new home learning packs. Throughout the year we will be targeting different year groups to receive a pack of fun activities to do at home. As part of the national Family Learning Festival, around half term week, children in Reception will be bringing home a pack from school with activities following an ‘All About Me’ theme and information about how to engage further with family learning.

We are also in the process of developing a Family Learning Padlet. This will contain a range of ideas for families to have fun together as well as links to more formal learning.

I look forward to working with you all over the coming year.

If you would like any information about the service or want to get involved in any of the courses outlined here, please ring or text me your details

Vicky Powell – 07825 117 487

Or email me on victoria.powell@knowsley.gov.uk

• St. Mark's Catholic Primary School
  • Fir Avenue, Halewood, L26 0XR, United Kingdom
  • Tel: 0151-288-8910
  • St. Mark's Halewood